It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives

that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives.

But we sometimes take them for granted.


How grateful we should be for all have been brought into our hearts and souls.


I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do

it

with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath"


David B. Haight


Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tribute.......

We saw the neurosurgeon today about the CSF leak. He agreed that it was pointless to re-open the incision. He still blames the steroid for not allowing the incision to heal well--we should be off them within a week (yipee). The incision is leaking where the 3 parts of the Y join, so he carefully put some medical glue on her head, on top of the stitches. We left the office thrilled at the ease of the "fix". But when we got to Proton Therapy, I noticed that her hair was still wet at the top left arm of the Y--Unbelievably, it was leaking in another place too--and this incision has not been opened in 3 weeks. Dr Butler was shocked that this new discovery, so he simply added more glue. This meticulous, precise neurosurgeon just took the glue and layered it on her head as if he was making a collage--it went everywhere--including dripping down her forehead. "We will have NO MORE LEAKS!" He said adamantly. True, but Meghan now has a built-in-hard hat!
Today Meghan's custom brace arrived. Gordon, the Orthotist, allowed her to choose the design that goes on the brace. He said that in the last 18 years, he has never had someone choose a happy face for a brace because most kids are frustrated that they need a brace in the first place. Not Meghan. She is grateful! The brace puts her leg in the correct position for walking, for strengthening and for stabilizing. Meghan is grateful that there are devices designed to help her to heal.
*
Forgive me if I take a moment to express my gratitude for Meghan and her incredible personality. Meghan has shown no fear, no anger, no frustration, and no doubt throughout this entire journey. Meghan has truly found joy in the moment even when darkness abounded. She has been my mentor, my guide and my example for how to live with complete faith and trust in something higher. It is as if Meghan decided to exchange things of no worth-anger, fear, despair, doubt and negativity-for things of high worth-learning, growth, wisdom, compassion and faith. Meghan seems to emulate something that we are all searching for: The depth of His goodness and the magnitude of His love. How privileged I am to be her mother.

5 comments:

  1. and so are we priveledged that you share your precious love and insight..your humbleness and your "mommy" strength... your knowledge and your devoted belief in the life you live everyday. You and your family are the true essence and meaning of INSPIRATION.
    With much love,
    Margi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meg
    I probably would of chose a smiley face too. One time in Idaho one of my cousins cut his chin open on the pools siding my grandpa just glued it back together! And remember the time maddie hit her head on the railing sliding down the stairs on the blanket with micah and they glued her back up at the hospital. If I would I would probably be frustrated and well thats probably because you were always more patient than I was. Meg Im glad we're friends and remember it will always be that way.

    Your BFFEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAE,
    Mal (mallory)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meg!! That is a cool brace!! LOVE the smiley face!! I miss you a lot, and i wish i could come own to see you. I alo want to let you know that our family now has a blog... you should see it!! it is thenaughtylahtis.blogspot.com

    hope to see ya soon!

    ~emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg,
    Oh boy do I miss your mom!!! today I shared your blog with my son Bob(just like your iv pole...maybe I should send a picture to put on it's face!)as I never have the chance because I gt out of work way too late. today was different. He was speachless and so impressed when I pointed out.."see Bob..even when the most unimaginable challanges come...that young lady is smiling...when there is angst and tough times...that beautiful soul smiles!" I was so proud to be able to share you with him...as he is an exceptional boy.
    I've always been very spiritual...I was lucky enough to meet your mom when she came to my rescue(as I know she does for so many). took quite a while to see that maybe she needed a bit of rescuing too. It is through your beautiful spirit and her love and belief in you that I have finally seen her become peaceful. (lol...not to say that for one moment that she will not rear up and attack anyone or any thing that attempts to hurt her beloved family)but because of who you are...and how you deal with the hand that you have been delt..she has become an even more wonderful person( I know...hard to believe). I speak of you both always...we all send our love from the BAC...and we eagerly await the day you stand/ride next to your Mom in my classes(make no mistake i will not take it easy on you because you have already shown how tough you are!!(just kidding I'll be kind at first!)) We wait for you both...we pray for you always...we love you. xoxoxo Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meghan, you are awesome! I love the smileybrace & your attitude is AMAZING! You are such a perfect example of faith & hope & trusting in the Lord & staying positive. I hope to be more like you when I grow up!!
    xoxo
    hassell fam

    ReplyDelete