It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives

that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives.

But we sometimes take them for granted.


How grateful we should be for all have been brought into our hearts and souls.


I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do

it

with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath"


David B. Haight


Monday, April 26, 2010

“The closest to being in control we will ever be is in that moment that we realize we're not.”

No photo today...I simply forgot to take any.....
*
Funny story: A while ago, I was telling someone that I used to think that I was in charge of my own destiny. I used the analogy of believing that I was the driver in a car. I then explained that it was as if I suddenly realized that my steering wheel doesn't control the direction of the car because it's not actually attached to the motor--it just "humors" me into thinking that I am in control. A little while later, I over heard Meghan telling one of our nurses, "My Mom's steering wheel isn't connected to her engine and I have had the reverse removed from my car, it only goes forward from now on!" Love it Meghan...no more going backwards from here on.

7 comments:

  1. Keep driving that car Helena! Meghan has the right idea, you just keep going forward!
    Love Judi, UKxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. words to LIVE by !!!
    I hope you don't mind Meghan, I am using your quote as my facebook status. Thank you !!

    In my heart always,
    Margi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg if MY mom were to use that ananlogy she would probably be driving a tractor. I would be driving a sky blue sports convertible mini-cooper.

    Your BFFEAEAEAEAEAEAEAE,
    Mal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be driving a volswagen(?) beetle.
    ~emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord for a mom who trusts in her Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ!! Helena, your daughter sees Christ living in you. WHAT A BLESSING!!! Meghan, continue to draw your strength from our Lord Jesus Christ. Love in Christ Linda "Hands to Hearts" Quilt Ministry

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would <3 to drive a tractor

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this. Thanks for makeing me laugh on a day I really needed one. YOu two continue to strengthen everyone. I miss you both.

    ReplyDelete