It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives

that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives.

But we sometimes take them for granted.


How grateful we should be for all have been brought into our hearts and souls.


I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do

it

with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath"


David B. Haight


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Today was a quiet day for Meghan. She felt a lot of pain in the numerous incisions in her body: There was a 4 inch scar on her skull, a 1 inch on her neck, two scars on her chest and a 2 inch scar near her belly. It was hard to move, and even harder to cough. By mid morning Meghan was complaining of a headache in the forehead--nowhere near the incisions in her skull. So they took her for a CT scan and they found an air pocket in the front brain. This is not dangerous, only uncomfortable. The doctors prescribed 24 hours of oxygen therapy but the mask is challenging for her. Probably because I couldn't take anymore bad news, I did some research on the health benefits of pure oxygen, and they are numerous: Cellular regeneration, improved brain function, enabled recovery and aid with radiation necrosis. So perhaps there is a blessing hidden here after all.
*
No photo today: I haven't figured out how to cover the head so that people don't stare. It took us until noon to tell her that she had lost another half of her hair. (I think that she felt so rotten that she didn't care!) I am sure that this is my vanity issue, and I will need to deal with it, but until then, I am looking for extra wide headbands (4-5 inches wide).......or I will, if we are ever granted hospital parole!

7 comments:

  1. Hi you all!
    sorry to her you are feeling a bit poorly at the moment, Meghan. we cant wait to see that beautiful smile again. It must have been fantastic to see your Grandparents after so long - what a lovely surprise!
    We know you have been through so much all ready but we pray that there are good times just around the corner and that you wont have to endure this pain for long. We love you and think of you every day. all the family are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Love Judi & Colin, Norfolk UK and Eileen, Dorset UK xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meghan! I have a test in Science today ( ugh!) on Chapter 15 & 16. I hope you start feeling better! -Riley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg,
    Keep on hanging in there. My grandparents are flying in tonight. Then we are going to take them sightseeing the week we have off.

    Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
    -Helen Keller

    I would say Meg your in the middle of an adventure. Imagine yourself slaying monster after monster, make yourself the heroine that always wins. Missing you

    Your BFFEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAE,
    Mal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meghan,
    I think that Mallory has the right idea about you slaying these monsters. Even if you have to fight for a couple of days to get rid of it. But since you found a name for your IV pole... I think you should let us know the name of the monster of the day that you are slaying. That way we are rooting For Meghan in this fight and "BOOING" and throwing tomatoes at maybe Morris the Monster?
    With much love
    can't wait to see your beautiful smile again,
    Margi xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you today - Helena, I love your posts they make me both cry and laugh, I am glad Meghan hasn't lost her sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megal!,
    First I have to point out that MALLORY!!!! Stole MY!!! Quote thingy!!!! that's my thing Mallory! Next today in chorus I sang a song and played guitar with Kelsey and we dedicated it to u. Next. Mallory had a sign at the bald for bucks thing today and when she went on stage I screamed " go Meghan!!" ppl watching said tgey heard me :) lastly Riley our science test is friday.
    Ambres

    ps motto : you knucleheads!!!
    (guess who?) dr makin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep Hanging! I saw that on a tshirt once. It had a monkey on it......wow random moment. Well anyways I hope you get better soon!
    -Jennalea D

    ReplyDelete