It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives

that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives.

But we sometimes take them for granted.


How grateful we should be for all have been brought into our hearts and souls.


I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do

it

with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath"


David B. Haight


Friday, April 16, 2010

Have juicer....Will travel

I have a reputation, and I deserve it: The juicer comes with us wherever we go--the pediatric floor at MGH, the PICU, Spaulding Rehab, or the Ronald McDonald House. I have learned to make juice under all conditions (I used to think that I needed a decent sized kitchen!) And yes, everyone has an opinion about it--from "utterly mad" to "absolutely doing the right thing". All I know is that a human body that has been taxed as much as Meghan's has, needs as much nutrition for healing and rebuilding as I can provide. Daily fresh juice and green smoothies (thanks Bonnie!) have become a staple in our lives.
Often Proton therapy is delayed, due to the children who need anesthesia in order to lie still. So MGH provides activities to do while patients wait. Today Meghan chose to do modeling clay. She wanted to create Bandit and Penny, our dachshunds whom she misses terribly. She chose to create Bandit and so I attempted Penny.
Okay, so we didn't start of with the same amount of clay, but this is the finished product. Bandit (the black one) is pretty incredible considering Meghan created him while only using one hand--quite a challenge for the best of us!

8 comments:

  1. I sooooo love this!!!! What an amazing feat!! Helena...well...you know what I ..what we allthink about you...what we feel about you all...bravo!! Everyone sends love...prayers...we continue to be amazed by the wonderful Miss Meg!! Keep it up sunshine!! You make our days! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megal,
    hahaha that's pretty good! Considering you don't really like art. :-P well I can't bag on Riley anymore, I owe her, she helped me clean out me locker. So Me and Riley remixes that we should bag on Mallory!! We can team up and gang up on her!! Hahahaha:-P I'm too lazy to start now....
    Ambres

    Ps motto : ......zzzzzzzzz
    ambres

    ReplyDelete
  3. good morning :)
    I love your art work!!! and I would gladly display it for all to see in my shop!!! I think it fitting that your art is so unique, as that is the true Bandit. VERY UNIQUE !! just like you!
    With love,
    Margi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for putting life in perspective for us. We love your family and are so grateful for your examples of faith, trust, hope, and love.
    I made granola today and thought of you - although I burned half the batch reading your blog!
    We miss and love you! Love, Heather Knight and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd just love to see you and the juicer go home!!

    Nice job on the doggies! Seems like an uneventful day at last, so we'll take it.

    (((HUGS))),

    Krista, Kat and the Bellings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Meg!
    You can sculpt modeling clay WAYYYYYYY!! better than I ever could. Best wishes.
    ~Lauren Scanio

    ReplyDelete
  7. fuewiyhriuwehguihwue eguhiksepiaofjfgdv iohowe

    Love- Cooper : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meghan- Cooper just wrote a comment for you! I think its baby for- " I miss you!" : ) He is getting quite talkative these days! He is really starting to speak a lot! Carson is just growing like a weed! He is huge( not compared to any Lahti babies though!) He has gotten pretty chubby since you last saw him! I am going to try and update our blog today with some new pictures so you can see him!

    You are quite an artist, both of you guys are! You both did better that I could ever do! I am hoping our boys get some of Dianes art talent- if they get any sort of art talent, it wouldnt be from me, thats for sure!

    I am SO glad you are keeping up the blog! We love to read about the progress and see the pictures!

    Love ya!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete