It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives

that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives.

But we sometimes take them for granted.


How grateful we should be for all have been brought into our hearts and souls.


I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do

it

with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath"


David B. Haight


Monday, April 19, 2010

Our first non-family visitors

It's pretty quiet here: We just don't know anyone in town. But today we had a nice treat thanks to my friend Andrea Rhoten. Andrea's brother (second from left) is serving a mission here in Boston, and he stopped by to visit us with a group of missionaries who were spending their "day off" cheering the athletes running the Boston Marathon. It was touching that these young men would give up part of their day to visit us. Thanks guys.
From Left to Right:
Elder Buys, Elder Clements, Elder Root, Elder Graft, Elder Wright
FUNNY STORY. I can't get Meghan's brace in her shoe without damaging the shoe structure, so on Saturday, Meghan and I went looking to buy a shoe horn. We went to about 4 different stores, and no one sells them. Finally Famous Footwear gave us one of their free ones. Sunday morning, I asked Meghan if she remembered our futile hunt for a shoe horn. She said that she did so I asked her if she remembered what store it was. She admitted, "Famous Footwear!" I hollered, "You remembered!" She dryly responded, "Duh Mom, It's written on the shoe horn. There's nothing wrong with my IQ, only my memory!"
(Obviously it's my IQ that's in question!)

9 comments:

  1. 1st comment! Haha. The story made me laugh and now my moms giving me a werid look cause she doesn't know what I'm laughing about. It's cool those boys came to vist. -Jennalea D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megal, ( if u are wondering why I always start like this cuz I no it annoys u)
    hahahaha same old Meghan, just in a different location! I probably wouldn't have figured out that it was from famous footwear, but that's just me. You always were really smart.....
    Ambres

    ps motto: I think you have gone completely boncers, but all the best ppl are
    Alice in wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meg,
    How did you catch all those guys?!(jkjk) I would really question your moms IQ in these situations (sorry Aunt Helena but its true). I am glad though that you still have sarcasem.

    luv mal

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Elder Buys who came to visit you yesterday is from our ward here in Salem. He likely doesn't know us because we're so new here, but his mom is in the RS Presidency so I've worked with her in my calling. Small world in the church...
    Hope your day is going well today! We love you!
    Heather Knight and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helena and Meghan. I don't know if you guys remember me but I served in the Primary in the Amherst ward when Meghan was maybe eight years old? I just saw your blog from Kristen Hassell's so I thought I would take a peek. I have to say I was so surprised to see what you have been growing through, yet again. My heart is breaking for you, Meghan. But the thing I remember most about you is your happy, smiling face and it's so great to see that that hasn't changed. :) I cannot believe how grown up all of your kids are, Helena! (Of course you and Stephan still look exactly the same!) We will be praying for you, Meghan. Keep that beautiful smile coming.
    Love,
    Missy Couser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meghan, love that sense of humor!

    -Coach Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that the missionaries came by. What sweet (& cute) boys!!
    And the shoehorn story is hilarious! I love your sense of humor, Meghan.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megs--

    One thing we are sure of: your "mental therapy" should be going awesome as that is what Sophie (for other readers, our 7 year old)prays will go well in every single prayer she says. It's so cute and funny that none of us feel a need to correct her as we are sure Heavenly Father understands what she means anyway!! However, it sounds as if she is being taken literally too, as your IQ does not seem to be suffering much--nor your sense of humor, either, thank goodness! And Helena, don't worry--we always hope our kids turn out smarter than us anyway! Meghan's just got a good headstart!!

    Megs, Young Women were working on some surprises for you in Mutal last night--so you can look forward to some goodies with Dad's next visit, but I won't give the surprise away! You really do have friends that care--lucky girl, you!

    Lily hates to have anything on her head, but today, for the first time, she found two princess tiaras and brought them over to have them put on her head. Then she actually left them on for quite a while while we oooo'ed and ahhhh'ed over her. Yes, she already senses her divine destiny--love the spunk of this royal generation!

    Lily (12 mths.) is so cute walking around as is Nora--they are both so petite and it's so funny to see such tiny things walking around like they own the world. Lily waves 'bye' now and recognizes lots of things by word. She loves to play with the kittys' water bowl and knows where the snack drawer is, so helps herself to animal crackers or pretzels. She has eight teeth and is cutting more right now and she loves to be outside. At the playground yesterday, Lily kept trying to give Tatum hugs, but Princess Tatum wanted nothing to do with this youngster. Nora had on a black Amish bonnet and looked adorable. They got it on their trip.

    You have two little cuties awaiting your return, Megs!

    Grant had the throw-ups today--of course it comes when Grandma Donna and Grandpa Dennis are in town! Let's hope it's not the start of something as we were all together yesterday--yikes! Weather is phenomenal here--outdoor weather everyday. Gotta love Buffalo with Springs like this!!

    much love, aunt ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Meghan
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You still have that sense o`humor!!!!!!!!! I saw that picture of you with the quilt;nice, isnt it? We all miss you @ home-school-group!!!

    love,
    olivia

    ReplyDelete