It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives

that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives.

But we sometimes take them for granted.


How grateful we should be for all have been brought into our hearts and souls.


I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do

it

with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath"


David B. Haight


Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. ~Marc Brown

Meghan had a great day today, showing her brother the few things that she has seen in Boston. It was even better when he pushed her wheelchair recklessly, tickled her gently and called her "Granny" for her slow walk (Deservingly, he got a poke on the bum with her cane!)
We began the day at the Holocaust Memorial which features six luminous glass towers, each 54 feet high. The towers are lit internally to gleam at night. They are set on a black granite path, each one over a dark chamber which carries the name of one of the principal Nazi death camps. Smoke rises from charred embers at the bottom of these chambers.
The Granary Burial Ground is the final resting place for legendary Boston figures including Samuel Adams, Peter Faneuil, John Hancock and, as you can see above, Paul Revere.
The street performers at Faneuil Hall are quite impressive. This guy did a backflip over 5 adults from the audience!
Perhaps the highlight of the day for Meghan was when a street performer chose Cameron, randomly and against his will, from the audience.
After getting Cameron acclimated to the audience, he then announced that he should have chosen a girl--and he produced a wig to put on Cameron.
Cameron was a great sport--even though this is completely out of his comfort zone--as he listened to instructions.
Cameron assisted the street performer as he balanced and spun and juggled flowers 12 feet in the air.
We came back to Spaulding for a game of Phase 10 but soon Cameron was snoozing. He must have been exhausted trying to keep up with Meghan........I'm sure it had nothing to do with 6am seminary, school, work and texting Cassie!

5 comments:

  1. Good Morning Meghan and family,
    So thrilled to see everyone having so much fun !!
    Meghan, last night was the Make A Wish Gala and there was a wish child there that spoke about her wish. She wanted to record a CD with the songs that she had written. Her name is Dallas and she is your age. She preformed some of her songs and then afterwards she signed her posters and sold her CD'S. I will be sending you the poster that she signed to you !!
    Have a blessed Sunday being together,
    you are in my heart ALWAYS,
    With love,
    Margi xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan,

    I always knew Cam was a girl at heart, the hair only proves my point. Glad you are having a good time down there. Wish I could've visited you this week but my grandparents are in town. Luv you always.

    Your BFFEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAE,
    Mal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun week, Meghan. Boston is a great city to explore. I enjoyed a duck tour the last time I was in Boston.

    =Coach Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Meghan & family,

    I keep thinking to myself that I'll send you a cute card, since that's what I love to do. Well, it obviously hasn't happened yet, so decided to write here instead. I'm sorry that I haven't sent you a card yet. But I want you to know that today I caught up on your blog (I have the feeds come to me automatically, along with many other blogs, but the last 30 or so weren't showing up until today!). Because they didn't show up daily on my blog reader, it was "out of sight, out of mind". Then today they all popped up and I remembered again. I mean, I knew you were there in Boston, going through this ordeal, but without the daily reminder, didn't come over here to your blog on my own to read what's been going on.

    Happy belated birthday, Helena! I certainly thought of you that day. It's the day Lynn left for Kentucky - he drove there all morning, had a 4 hour meeting and drove back that night. So we celebrated Dallin's birthday the day before.

    Now Lynn has been in Japan for a week, and is due home tomorrow. My days and nights have been spent as usual, except for doing ALL the driving for the kids' activities. I really can't wait 'til he gets home (and for Rianne to drive!). But all of this has defitely come into play as to why I haven't sent out a card or come to your blog on my own. Sorry about that. I assure you all, that I have been praying for Meghan every day! Now maybe if I prayed by my laptop I'd remember to view your daily posts! Oh well.

    I will continue to pray daily. That I can promise!

    Hugs,
    Jackie Wright

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Meg--I see no difference with Cameron, i agree with mally-girl at heart (JK)

    i am glad cameron was able to come down and see you--that must have made your day...


    ~emma

    ReplyDelete