It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives

that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives.

But we sometimes take them for granted.


How grateful we should be for all have been brought into our hearts and souls.


I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do

it

with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath"


David B. Haight


Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Super Surprise

Today was a great day! Riley, Nick and Mrs Williams drove from Buffalo to Boston to see us. We met up with them after treatment and they took us to the California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. It was fun to listen as Riley caught Meghan up on what has been happening at school--especially Dr Makin and Mrs Burgher stories.
SENTENCE: BED PRISON
It's true, Meghan has been sentenced to Bed Prison. Spaulding is big on safety. Until Meghan masters stability and is cleared to walk alone, she is required to have an assist at all times. I am usually the assist. But last night, Meghan got out of bed at 1:45am, and walked alone, down the hallway of the hospital. When the nurse found her, she told her that she "needed to know her therapy schedule for tomorrow." So now, at night, Meghan has to have all the rails up on the bed and she has a armed bed alarm that will shriek both in the room and at the nurse's desk if Meghan gets up.
I am obviously not much of an assist as I snoozed through her entire escapade.

7 comments:

  1. helena
    just wait till the first time it goes off. you will shoot out of bed like a gun shot. devin came home on a cardiac and apnea monitor and i nearly fell on the floor jumping out of bed. good luck.
    sorry meghan,
    i was thinking like a mom and my reaction. good luck to you too. in a few years the two of you can have a good laugh over the heart attacks you both had.
    joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan-
    At least we know if you are ever in jail you'll never have a problem escaping!!
    You stay in bed, silly goose.
    Love ya,
    Sis Hassell

    Helena-
    Don't feel bad that you missed the adventure. I am sure you are just a teensy weensy bit tired!
    xoxo You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS not that you would EVER be in jail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riley... I am sooooooooooo jealous! I wanted to see Meg first (I probably would have if not for my stubborn mother).

    Meg... Luv YA! Emma and I had a sleepover last night and we mostly read (we had just gone to the library) and I realized something... Emma is not, won't ever be as good of book buddies as we are and will always be. Tell Aunt Helena she's got to keep a better watch on you, you've always been independent. The whole gang say's hi (Mom, Dad, Maddie, Ross, Micah, and Tatum).

    Your BFFEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAE,
    Mal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I POSTED BEFORE AMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    -Mal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meg--it is not my fault i wanted to give mally a pedicure and make some hair-bows!!!! mally read all 4 books she got from the library and ruined the end of Brisingr (at my request!!)well, she is a total, i mean TOTAL bookworm...reading at 1 in the morning...

    that is so cool that riley got to visit you...i wanted to do that!!!! lucky riley....

    well, gotta go, meg! and sorry you r sentenced to "prison". wish u were here, really bad...

    ~emma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megal,
    I'm srry that i got u in "prison" cause u were sneaking out to savatage the Boston bruins ( which didn't work) I will pay ur bail.... Do they take quarters? I thought Jen would be in jail before u.... I wish I could go visit u. This make Riley ALMOST cool. Did she tell u bout the suffering in science class? Miss ya a bunch. I just found the battle of the books list so u should start reading!! ( but plz don't be a nerd like Mallory and read at 1 in the morning.)
    Ambres

    ps motto: I'm awesome! Dude don't lie, I'm awesome, ridin in my moms ride, I'm awesome!
    A song called I'm awesome

    ReplyDelete