It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives

that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives.

But we sometimes take them for granted.


How grateful we should be for all have been brought into our hearts and souls.


I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do

it

with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath"


David B. Haight


Tuesday, May 11, 2010

With radiation finally finished, Meghan now has time to see a tutor. She is really enjoying using her brain again. She was able to read passages in ELA with no difficulty and I am so grateful for that! She also has time for Art with Kim-together they are creating "masterpieces." So for the first time, in a very long time, I had a little "me" time.
Boston Massachusetts LDS (Mormon) Temple

So I went to the beautiful Boston Temple for some peace and serenity.

While I was there, I decided to read the entire book of Job, something that I have not done before. I am fascinated with Job currently, probably because I know that when I feel my challenges are beyond my capacity, I should read about Job. By doing so, there comes this feeling, “If Job could endure and overcome, so will I.”

There was even a section where I found humor: Job 10:10 " Hast thou not poured me out as milk, and curdled me like cheese?" Maybe not as eloquent as other parts of his writing, but poignant to me! Job really might be one of the best-known Old Testament examples of perseverance. It tells of the afflictions of a good man and considers reasons for those afflictions. It really says that affliction is most likely for experience, discipline, and instruction. I think that one message is the importance of having the correct knowledge of God and His purposes. Without that Job would not have been able to endure his trials.

I am not yet able to say that I am grateful for this trial--one day I will be able to say it. But I am grateful for the guidance that I receive today that helps me to meet it............. hopefully with perseverance!

3 comments:

  1. Meg!!!!!!
    You will never guess...(have you given up yet)... There is a girl in are grade that's also mormon!! She has lived here for a year and a half and has currently gone inactive. I was really suprised (we are learning about our religon in school). Got to go. Luving you and leaving ya!

    Your BFFEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAEAE,
    Mal

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have very fond memories of our times at the temple in Boston. On 9/11 that was where I wanted to be most of all, even if it meant camping on the grounds in a tent! (that didn't happen, by the way) I thought of you today when I read Pres. Uchtdorf's talk from the Priesthood Session on patience. Here's a quote from it, "Often the deep valleys of our present will be understood only by looking back on them from the mountains of our future experience. Often we can't see the Lord's hand in our lives until long after trials have passed. Often the most difficult times of our lives are essential building blocks that form the foundation of our character and pave the way to future opportuniy, understanding, and happiness. Patience is a godly attribute that can heal souls, unlock treasures of knowledge and understanding, and transform ordinary men and women into saints and angels. Patience is truly a fruit of the Spirit...Patience is a process of perfection." I'm so grateful that you've been able to feel the Lord's hands guiding you through these times of challenge. Your examples are sources of strength to all who know you. We're so happy for the progress you've made and the prayers that have been answered. WE love you!

    ReplyDelete