It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives

that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives.

But we sometimes take them for granted.


How grateful we should be for all have been brought into our hearts and souls.


I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do

it

with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath"


David B. Haight


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Give Thanks

It was time to meet with Dr Tarbell to hear the results of yesterday's scan. As I was gathering necessities, I found myself asking God for the strength to handle whatever the results were. I looked down and there was a stack of DVDs on the desk
...................this is what caught my eye..................


I smiled and thought "Joyce would tell me that this is not just a coincidence" so I intentionally thought, "I do believe."

(Meghan asked what the movie was?)
Subsequently, Dr Tarbell gave us the good news:
STABLE
.............STABLE
..........................STABLE
.......................................STABLE
The tumor has been unable to rebuild itself since the 2nd fenestration. The tumor is the same size as it was on April 13th. Give Thanks! We have been given the gift of time.....time for the cells to replicate, time for the DNA to become damaged, time for the tumor to die, and time for Meghan to get stronger. But first, it is time to express sincere gratitude. Thank you!

*
Side Note: I told Meghan that now we can wait patiently for the tumor to die. She said with utmost sincerity, "And when he dies, I am NOT going to his funeral!" She makes me laugh!


Today Meghan's friend Tucker went home. We have become friends with Tucker and his family. Tucker is a 13 year old boy who had a snowmobile accident on New Years Day. When Tucker came into Spaulding, he was in the same condition that Meghan was in January. They have both had to relearn the basics of breathing, swallowing, seeing and talking etc. These kids really are inspiring. Please keep Tucker in your prayers also!

11 comments:

  1. This is great news. With all of the growth you have had from this experience, I guess you don't need any more. In this case stable is a good thing.

    J Lahti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in happy endings! I am going to have to watch that movie now!
    Megan- you are always cracking me up! When the tumor dies, I wont go to his funeral either! In fact, we will have a BIG party for ya! : )


    Helena- I thought of you last week as I went to a Whole Foods, it was pretty amazing! I was there on Earth day, so there was lots going on there as you could imagine!

    ps- cute picture Megs! You look great!

    Aunt Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan-

    When you come home, will you hold me and snuggle with me?! I am getting really big! I have gotten really chubby since you last saw me! Hopefully my mom will put some new pictures of me on the blog for you to see!

    Love

    Carson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord!! We are rejoicing with you and praying for a fast and final death!

    EHSG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I wanted to tell you both, that unlike everyone else so far, I definately WILL be going to the funeral of the "tumor" As a matter of fact I think that I shall start doing the planning now so that we can give this tumor the biggest farewell that western New York has ever seen. We can notify your Drs. and nurses and all of the volunteers that have spent so much time with you.I think they may also want to give this nasty tumor a grand farewell!!
    Those are my thoughts and prayers for you Meghan. Come home and let us all celebrate your "stableness" !!

    In my heart always,
    Margi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan
    This is wonderful news. Your strength and faith has been so inspiring to our family. We love you and are so happy for the word stable! We miss you and hope to see you soon.
    Katie Barry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...there is nothing like sobbing in you office with happy tears. Love you!! Praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Meghan
    What fantastic news!! We are all so grateful here for the word STABLE. Now you really can keep going forward, no u-turns or reversing, straight on down that road. Keep giving us those fabulous pictures of such uplifting smiles. You are truly an inspiration.
    Bo is settling in with us very well, she really is a joy to us. Today she went for a walk with her new friends, Clio & Maisie, and is now so exhausted she is asleep in her bed and snoring VERY loudly. It wont be long now before you see your two pooches again. Bandit and Penny look really cute, I am sure they are missing you and will be so excited when they see you again.
    As always you are in our thoughts and prayers. Big hugs, Meghan, and lots of love,
    Judi & Colin, Uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meghan,

    What great news!! I was so happy to wake up to such wonderful news on the blog. I also have to add that your headband looks fabulous on you!! We can't wait to hear that you are safe and sound re-possessing your room here in Clarence soon.

    Love,
    Miss Coggins

    ReplyDelete
  10. Randy and Melanie WilliamsMay 6, 2010 at 10:12 PM

    Meghan,

    We are so happy to read the news and see how stable everything is for you. You've been an inspiration to our family and we are looking forward to seeing you when you return to Western New York.

    The weather has started to warm up and the soccer games have started across the street.Miriam will be signing up for her first year in soccer this weekend. It seems that just last week you were at the soccer center participating in the first kicks camp.

    Gideon started swim theoropy this week.He gets to go into the pool once a week for 30 minutes and work with a theoropist. I am sure that we will have a chance to visit you and your family this summer and have him practice the exercises in your pool this summer.

    It won't be too much longer before we can bring our new addition over for a visit. Melanie's due date is July 5th and it seems the time is going faster as we are getting closer to that date.

    Be of good cheer and we'll see you in a couple of weeks.

    The Williams family

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe in happy endings too.

    ~emma

    ReplyDelete