It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives

that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives.

But we sometimes take them for granted.


How grateful we should be for all have been brought into our hearts and souls.


I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do

it

with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath"


David B. Haight


Monday, May 10, 2010

A Request for a Health Update

I apologize for not talking about Meghan's health- there's not much change from a week ago. But I have had a request for more information. So for comparison's sake, and hopefully, for future healing reference, I will attempt to cover each aspect:

EYES: Her eyes appear to be functioning well. She can read small print, and can follow a linear pattern (such as Suduko). She doesn't have to turn her neck at an odd angle to read anymore. This is an answer to prayer and we are very grateful.

FACE: Her face is more symmetrical than it has been in 4 months. She can equalize a smile, with minor effort.

LEFT ARM: Not too much improvement here. Shoulder can lift the arm to shoulder height, but no higher. Fingers don't function at all. The left hemiparesis is a little worse since the second tumor fenestration. They believe that when the tumor collapsed a second time, it released pressure from the optic nerve, and added pressure to the left motor skills.

LEFT LEG: This is improving well, but credit most likely goes to hard work on Meghan's part, according to her PT. Stabillity is improving and the left leg can lift higher and walk faster than ever before.

MEMORY: This one is the challenge. The best word to describe it is "erratic". I can't seem to make sense of it at all. She remembers odd things like eating ravioli for dinner but can't remember having her broviac removed. (This was important to her because it means that now she can swim--her earnest desire). I am hoping that being home, in her own environment, will assist this process.

HER SPIRITS: Amazing. My teacher. My role model. My hero. Always happy, always thinking of others and trying to help someone else. Not even a "glass half-full" girl--her glass is always overflowing!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! We love you Meghan! You are pretty AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning,
    As I cotinue to read your blog EVERY day and pray for you and cry along with you and celebrate along with you as many of us do thru this journey...my thoughts turn to two unsung heroes in your life. Today I wanted you to know I think that you have the absolute MOST GREAT-E-EST ( is that even a real word) sister and brother that any girl could ever have!!!
    So great to say SEE YOU SOON !!!!
    In my heart always
    Margi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to hear how far you've come, Meghan! You are so strong and such an example to all of us. I realize how much I complain about such little things. Your family is strong, as well, and wonderful examples. My thoughts and prayers will continue for all of you, and I look forward to seeing you soon!

    Hugs,
    Sis. Wright

    ReplyDelete
  4. meghan...
    reading the past updates to the present you have improved incredible. i guess you said goodbye to the past and hello to the present. i miss you and you come home in 3 days!!!!! i am counting down... when will you be in school ... 8 th grade or later... in my thoughts and prayers ... i love you ... anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meghan--
    So good to hear an update on you! We can't wait for you to come home...I hear it's supposed to be on Friday..Hooray!! We had a fun "where's waldo" activity tonight for combined YM/YW. YOu would have loved it...and been pretty good at it I'm sure. I'm looking forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update! I usually read the posts shortly after you update them, like an hour or two after. Thats what I do when I am up late at night with Carson! I always get excited and look forward to reading the new posts late at night/early morning. I am able to read them from my cell phone but its hard to comment using my phone so I have to wait until I can sit down at the computer...which isnt that often. Cooper usually doesnt let me sit down anywhere ( I am always running after him!).

    Glad you hear you havent changed, your glass is still overflowing! You really do inspire me and many others with your attitude!

    If you are ever down, just remember you are 100% better at limbo than me! : ) And... I am totally serious. I wasnt ever blessed with coordination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so exciting! President Obama in Buffalo today and Meghan Kleinlein tomorrow! Have a safe journey home - I'm sure you and your mom cannot wait to get here!

    Congratulations on completing the radiation therapy!

    /Lori from FP

    ReplyDelete