It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives

that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives.

But we sometimes take them for granted.


How grateful we should be for all have been brought into our hearts and souls.


I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do

it

with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath"


David B. Haight


Sunday, March 28, 2010

We went a week without a hiccup, at least.......

No photo today. Things happened a little too quickly:
*
Meghan's incision was looking great. No sign of infection and absolutely no one was worried....except me. Something didn't look right to me: The incision was still looking "wet". I had been putting an antibacterial cream on the incision but sometime on Saturday, I lost it. I looked everywhere for it. Our nurse said that they would write an order for it, but it never came. So I can hear Joyce in my head telling me "Everything happens for a reason" so I offered a prayer that if Meghan needed this cream, I would find it. I proceed to turn our room inside out. No cream. So I went with trust and just cleaned her incision with alcohol instead. The next morning as the nurses were discussing why her head was wet, Meghan pops up with "I think that I am leaking spinal fluid". Immediately, I had a confirmation that she really was leaking cerebral spinal fluid but the nurses were skeptical, after all there was no sign of infection, just wetness. It was not until Meghan was at OT doing head inversions that we noticed drops of clear fluid dripping from her head, onto the mat. The cream was petroleum based and had previously stopped the fluid from dripping out. It was a blessing that it disappeared!
*
Within an hour, we were being taken by ambulance back to MGH. We have now been admitted and are waiting to see the surgeon tomorrow. They believe that the incision, having been opened 3 times, simply has not sealed properly and the CSF is leaking out. It's incredible that there is no infection seeing as there has been an open cavity into her brain for 2 weeks. (Prayers work). So we need to modify our prayer request again: We pray that there will be an open operating room, an available anesthesiologist and that the neurosurgeon will have time on his schedule to fit her in tomorrow. We pray that this will be an uncomplicated and timely procedure and that we will not be delayed in either Proton Beam or therapy.

4 comments:

  1. Meghan,
    I am so thankful that your family posts your progress and lets us know what is happening with you! Our entire family is praying for you and yours...you are the most special of special girls and we love you tons!
    Love
    Mr. and Mrs. Roberts, Hannah, Elsa, Jason and Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magel!!,
    miss ya sooooooo much... i think im in a good mood today cause i didnt have science...then again i did have health...wat i learned from health in the last few weeks is....DONT DO DRUGS!!!!!....THEY KILL U!!!! i cant wait for the day Riley says that ur here in science. Hopefuly this will be soon!!
    ambres

    PS i still dont no wat that quote ment.. i asked dr collins and he told me wat each word ment, Alter means another, amicus means friend (i new that one!)and ipse means himself or yourself or somethin...i zoned out.

    PSS Mallery and Riley were in my homeroom today. Mallory attacked me when i stole her chair...you should really control her better

    PSSS ( if thats wat comes after PSS, now to think about i should of just put this in the letter....hhmmmm oh well!)I have to play guitar in front of Mrs Burgher's class and im kinda nervous... wish me luck!!

    PSSSS this is to say that there will be no more PSSS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan--
    I love the picture of you spinning a basketball on your finger! You will have to teach me that trick when you come home:) Hope all went well with the surgery today...we are thinking of you and praying for you. Much love,
    Crescent

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meghan:

    Thinking of you today. Sorry we have another curveball-- I hope everything is back on track even as I write this. Thanks goodness your cream disappeared, and you got inverted! We'll have to take the small miracles today, and keep praying for the bigger ones!

    Rest easy kiddo-- I know you will keep on smiling!

    Love,
    Krista (feeling very monkey-ladyish today!), Kat and the Bellings

    ReplyDelete