It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives

that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives.

But we sometimes take them for granted.


How grateful we should be for all have been brought into our hearts and souls.


I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do

it

with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath"


David B. Haight


Friday, March 12, 2010

Thursday started well. Meghan is taking a lunch break from all her different therapies.......and enjoying one of Mom's delicious vegetable/fruit juices. (No comment from the peanut gallery). But she had been struggling with a headache for most of the day. MGH really wants to taper her off the steroids, so they proposed a 50% tapering schedule each day. My gut intinct told me that this was too fast and I contemplated speaking up but my strong desire to get her off these awful drugs overrode my intuition--a decision that I would come to regret

By 6pm Meghan spiked a fever of 104 degrees. She was taken by ambulance back to MGH where we were in the ER until 5am, running every test possible. They even convinced me to allow them to attempt to pull brain fluid out through her resevoir from the third ventricle. After 5 failed attempts with a needle in her skull, I asked them to stop. Obviously the third ventricular ventriculostomy which was done in Buffalo, was a success, as there was no accessible fluid in the resevoir.
We were taken to a room where Meghan was isolated. She was required to wear a mask in the corridors of the hospital--at least Puddy was gracious enough to wear a mask with her! She also has a stiff neck, which is adding to the concern because these signs could suggest bacterial menengitis in the brain. So now we wait for cultures to grow so that they can identity if specific bacteria are causing this unpleasant little trio. The doctors are pushing to do a spinal tap (the only way to detect menengitis) but Stephan and I want to wait a little longer to see if any of the 3 symptoms break. My gut tells me that this is viral, but only time will tell on that one! Yet if we stay here too long, we will lose our bed in the rehab hospital.
So we have updated our Prayer Request. The eyes were important but now there's something more worrying.

1 comment:

  1. So glad puddy is right there with you wearing a mask! : )
    you are one very brave, strong girl! I hope I can be as brave as you someday!! You're always in our thoughts and prayers!!
    Love you!
    Aunt Shannon, Uncle Tyler and the boys

    ReplyDelete