It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives

that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives.

But we sometimes take them for granted.


How grateful we should be for all have been brought into our hearts and souls.


I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do

it

with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath"


David B. Haight


Monday, March 22, 2010

Another delay........

Radiation was canceled today. After all my mental preparation, we were notified that the Proton machine was down! It is pretty tempermental and goes down quite often, but this time, there seems to be a serious problem as it has been down now for 5 days. They have flown in the design engineers of the machine, who are from Belgium. Truthfully, this is the downside for chosing a therapy where there are only a handful of machines worldwide.

I can't say that I was particularly sad, in actual fact, I saw it as a blessing. It's another 24 hours to allow her brain to heal from the surguries and the infected meninges. It was also a blessing for us that we were only delayed in our start date. People who are in the process of radiation had to switch over to the photon machine. No one was particularly happy about this, as the parents who have chosen Proton radiation for their children have all done their homework and they know that the risks are much higher for photon radiation than for proton radiation. All of us could be doing photon radiation in our home town, we are here in Boston because we have faith in the Proton therapy's ability to kill the tumors with minimal damage to healthy cells.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Miss Meghan,

    I check up on you daily-- actually several times a day. I love seeing your smiling face in these pictures. Mrs. Stege and I are in the process of whipping up some surprises for you (and mom) to keep those smiles coming - and that is all I am going to say about that!

    I am sure you heard about the Latin trip to Rochester that many of your classmates went on this past weekend. I am still waiting to see the pictures myself. Sounds like the group did pretty well as a whole, and picked up some trophies and ribbons too. I will let you know when pictures of the competition are up online.

    We took all of our green St. Patrick's stuff down in the office. I tried decorating the office with some "springy" things- but it looks rather silly with our Cowboy Santas hanging our doors next to Easter Eggs. You read that right. Mrs. Stege and I are NOT taking our stockings down until you come back and do it yourself :) Plus they make me smile each time I look at them because I think of you.

    Keep getting strong Kiddo-

    ReplyDelete