It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives

that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives.

But we sometimes take them for granted.


How grateful we should be for all have been brought into our hearts and souls.


I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do

it

with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath"


David B. Haight


Friday, March 26, 2010

Only 26 treatments to go.....

So the week ends with us having completed our first 3 rounds of radiation, only 26 more rounds to go. Meghan's incision is still improving although they are not willing to remove the stitches yet. The weekends get a little boring, so we have to occupy ourselves in other ways............................
Meet BOB! Meghan's constant companion is an IV pole. She has been calling him "Bob". Even the nurses now call him "Bob". So tonight we decided to turn him into "Bob". She had all the nurses laughing at her creativity. This is what happens when you put a Destination Imagination kid in the hospital and you show them where you keep the scrubs, gloves and sheets.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Meghan,

    I love "Bob"! My IV pole was named "Al". I did not dress up Al like you did Bob. However, we did decorate him at Christmas time with a few ornaments and such.
    Hang in there! You're doing great!
    Love, Sis. Van Ry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meghan :) :)
    When you come home I will introduce you to my "BOB" He has a rubbery top of his body and the bottom is weighted by about 200lbs. I get to punch him at the gym and push him for cardio. Everyone at the gym calls him BOB ! lol
    With much love
    Margi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg,

    I LOVE Bob!! So funny. Glad that you both are still finding time to laugh. Hang in there.

    Love,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magel,
    All i can do is laugh right now after seeing that...loling...
    always making trouble,
    ~Ambres~


    P.S. Hey i no u liked the last motto so heres another:
    Ad vitam paramus (its in latin so lets see if you no wat it means!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meghan. It's Riley. I love the idea of dressing up bob. that's cool. I miss u and I hope you get better={)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meg!
    I wish i could be there with you but mom says i cant miss school. Oh a think you will enjoy hearing this, so we had a sub in Ela and she WAS EVIL!!(no joke) Caleigh had asked me a question and when i answered her the sub said i hadn't stopped talking all class (we had been in there for 5 min) later she said i was a good student but A BAD LISTENER!!! (the nerve) i wanted to get out of there so fast i forgot my binder and had to go back and get it. Ela is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring without you.

    your pal -mal

    ps ( i like BOB)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mallory , i am with you their. moo cow lady is a wack job:)!!! no kidding meg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, my mom works at fisherprice, shes heard about you probably because of me. I'm going through a similar ordeal except I had lymphoma, anyways I liked that you named the IV Bob, my IV's name is Oscar, from oscar the grouch, actually his whole name is Oscar the grouchy octopus cause mine likes to beep alot for no reason lol...anyways good luck with everything ^_^

    ReplyDelete