It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives

that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives.

But we sometimes take them for granted.


How grateful we should be for all have been brought into our hearts and souls.


I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do

it

with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath"


David B. Haight


Monday, December 20, 2010

Early Christmas for Meghan. I think not!

Four days before Christmas, and Dr Ferrick gives Meghan a full arm cast on her functioning arm.
Spaulding Rehab Hospital warned us that this might happen: Meghan's right hand has become so dominant that the left hand isn't pulling it's weight. The automatic arm response between the brain and the left arm has never been re-established. So Mark aka "The Torturer" suggested that we remove the ability to use the right arm by casting it. Now Leftie is going to have to do everything that Meghan needs done. We pray that this will work, Meghan desperately wants two functioning hands again......but it's going to be very frustrating to only have the use of a 25% functioning hand for the next 4 weeks.

5 comments:

  1. She's such a trooper! We just love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well meghan, at least the cast is yellow!! i can't wait to sign it!!

    ~emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan - YOU are one brave 13 year old! We will follow your progress, and say lots of prayers for you that it will go well. Just looking through the past months' pictures, I can see all of the progress you have already made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michaela is really me - Rebecca Billat. ;) I need to figure out how to get my own account!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meghan still makes me smile daily- my favorite moment of the week was when Meghan stopped into the 7th grade office to say hi and I hit the panic button at the sight of the yellow cast. Although Meghan quickly made light of it and giggled as she told me that she didn't break it and "wasn't just forgetting." I wish I could have half her spirit and spunk. Way to go Leftie!!!

    Love, Miss Coggins

    ReplyDelete